900gm Cake flour
850gm (2) Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. In a medium saucepan combine the butter, salt and water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
Remove from heat add the flour and stir with a spoon to combine. Mixture will thicken and start to resemble the texture of mashed potatoes.
3. Leave dough in the saucepan, but beat it on low with a hand mixer, adding one egg at a time, mixing well before adding another. After adding each egg, the mixture will become wet and glossy, but after mixing on high for a few seconds it will thicken again. (Alternately you can transfer the batter to your stand mixer bowl)
4. When all the eggs are combined the dough will be thick and starchy, (similar texture to mashed potatoes).
5. Spoon the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Lightly spray a cookie sheet and pipe 8-inch rows of the dough with at least 1 inch between each churro.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown, and when a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Spray churros lightly with cooking spray. One at a time, transfer them to a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.